Home Chef, Laila Ali teaches The Ayers family how to make Zucchini Sushi Rolls on Episode 7 of Home Made Simple on OWN!
Be sure to check out all of Laila’s recipes in her NEW cookbook Food For Life, which is available for pre-sale at Barnes and Noble! http://bit.ly/BNFoodForLife
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
½ cup cashews, soaked overnight in water
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
3-4 zucchini (each yield 6-8 slices)
2 carrots, sliced into match sticks
1 cucumber, seeds removed and sliced into match sticks
4 medium red peppers, sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 small batch of cilantro
1. Drain cashews and put into food processor with sesame oil
2. Process until cashews are a soft paste but still have some texture
Note: Depending on how long the cashews were soaked, you may need to add a tablespoon of water to get the right consistency
3. Chop the ends of the zucchini and use a vegetable peeler to peel them into long thin strips
4. Lay zucchini strips flat and add a small spoonful of cashew mixture onto one of the ends of zucchini
5. Add a few matchsticks of veggies, avocado, and a couple of pieces of cilantro
6. Roll up and enjoy!
Soaking the cashews in water for a few hours or overnight will help soften them and make it easier to process them. You can skip this skip this step if you are short on time.